Last Updated: 10/8/2019
- WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM CUSTOMER
- HOW WE COLLECT/OBTAIN INFORMATION FROM CUSTOMER
- HOW WE USE THE COLLECTED INFORMATION
- HOW WE SHARE THE COLLECTED INFORMATION
- HOW LONG WE RETAIN CUSTOMER INFORMATION
- HOW WE SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
- WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS TO YOUR INFORMATION COLLECTED
- DETAIL OF CUSTOMER RIGHTS TO OBJECT TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR INFORMATION FOR CERTAIN PURPOSES
- SENSITIVE CUSTOMER INFORMATION
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- COPYRIGHT, CREDIT AND LOGO
SECTION 1 - WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM CUSTOMER
In general, information we may collect from you includes two main categories: information automatically collected and information provided willingly by you.
To be more specific, information is normally collected in every of the three main phases of customer website usage.
1.1 When customers visit our website and interact:IP address, information from cookies, information about your computer or device (e.g. device and browser type), information about how you use our website (e.g. which pages you have viewed, the time when you view them and what you clicked on, the geographical location from which you accessed our website (based on your IP address), your answers to quizzes or surveys, and information about your internet connection.
1.2 When customers place an order on our website: name, contact details, payment information e.g. your credit or debit card details
1.3 When customers contact our CS team: almost the same as what customers provide when placing orders, specific documents in forms of text, photos to help clarify customers’ requests.
SECTION 2 - HOW WE COLLECT/OBTAIN INFORMATION FROM CUSTOMER
1.1 When you willingly provide it to us: when contacting us, when placing an order on our website, sign up for our email newsletter, take a quiz, or create an account on our website.
1.2 When you use our website, limited by using cookies and similar technologies.
SECTION 3 - HOW WE USE THE COLLECTED INFORMATION
The first main purpose of data collection from customers is to serve administrative and business activities. In particular, such information makes it easier for us to manage your orders, to contact you about your order details, and to provide you further status of orders. All in all, it helps us complete and enhance the quality of not only our products but also our service based on customers’ demand.
The second usage of customer information is that such information could be used to improve our business and website through analyses conducted based on your pattern of behaviour on our website. In addition, it is necessary that we will be able to assess also your device used for consuming our service so that we could optimise both human resources and technical experience for customers. Moreover, scanning risk of fraud is also vital for us to make the website function well and accessible.
SECTION 4 - HOW WE SHARE THE COLLECTED INFORMATION
1.1 Disclosure of your information to third parties: only to the extent necessary to run our business, to our service providers, exclusively:
- Email Service Providers
- Credit Card Processing Companies
- Cloud Storage Providers; Tax Collection Software
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software
- Customer Support Software and to fulfill any contracts we enter into with you, and where required by law or to enforce our legal rights.
An example of the necessary case: Providing information to third parties such as Google Inc. Google collects information through our use of Google Analytics on our website. Google uses this information, including IP addresses and information from cookies, for a number of purposes, such as improving its Google Analytics service. Information is shared with Google on an aggregated and anonymised basis.
To find out more about what information Google collects, how it uses this information and how to control the information sent to Google, please see the following page: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
Legal basis for processing: our legitimate interests (Article 6(1)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation).
Legitimate interest(s): meeting our contractual obligations to Google under our Google Analytics Terms of Service (https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html)
You can opt out of Google Analytics by installing the browser plugin here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
1.2 Do we sell your information to third parties (other than in the course of a business sale or purchase or similar event): No, we do not.
SECTION 5 - HOW LONG WE RETAIN CUSTOMER INFORMATION
We only retain customer information until there is no need, approximately by the end of the post-sale service (if any). Of course, it is necessary that we need to take into account every legal obligations we have, for example: to maintain records for tax purposes, etc. in conjunction with products and services we provide customers, any other legal basis we have for using your information such as your consent, performance of a contract with you or our legitimate interests as a business.
SECTION 6 - HOW WE SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
We protect customer information after collecting and processing the data by using organizational measures and appropriate technical tools, including:
- Storing your information on secure servers
- Encrypting transfers of data to or from our servers using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology
- Encrypting payments you make on or via our website using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology
We ensure to only grant access to your information where necessary and by only trusted individuals that have been trained and briefed on appropriate handling of personal information.
SECTION 7 - WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS TO YOUR INFORMATION COLLECTED
By placing orders with us, you reserve the following rights:
- To access your information and to receive information about its use
- To have your information corrected and/or completed
- To have your information deleted
- To restrict the use of your information
- To receive information which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format(e.g. a CSV file) and the right to have that information transferred to another data controller (including a third party data controller)
- To object to the use of your information
- To withdraw your consent to our use of your information at any time where we rely on your consent to use or process that information. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use and processing of your information on the basis of your consent before the point in time when you withdraw your consent.
- To complain to a supervisory authority
SECTION 8 - DETAIL OF CUSTOMER RIGHTS TO OBJECT TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR INFORMATION FOR CERTAIN PURPOSES
Also by placing orders with us, you reserve the following rights:
• to object to us using or processing your information where we use or process it in order to carry out a task in the public interest for our legitimate interests, including ‘profiling’ (i.e. analyzing or predicting your behavior based on your information) based on any of these purposes; and
• to object to us using or processing your information for direct marketing purposes(including any profiling we engage in that is related to such direct marketing).
You may also exercise your right to object to us using or processing your information for direct marketing purposes by:
• clicking the unsubscribe link contained at the bottom of any marketing email we send to you and following the instructions which appear in your browser following your clicking on that link
SECTION 9 - SENSITIVE CUSTOMER INFORMATION
As have been widely acknowledge, sensitive customer information is hereinafter understood as information about an individual that reveals their racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic information, biometric information for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual, information concerning health or information concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
From the definition, we conclude that the only two details of customer information which may be categorized as sensitive are: birthday data and skin tone preferences in your account on our website. Both details are completely optional and only collected upon the provision of explicit consent from customers as when you open an account on our site and are securely stored on our web servers for use in personalizing our correspondence with you via email or on site. Any information stored can be viewed and removed directly on your account page or by contacting us via customer service. This data is not used in any way, shape, or form to perform automated decision making other than to customize website or email content which we may think is most compelling to you.
It is required that you not submit any other sensitive customer information to us under any circumstance.
The changes may includes two main types: the minor ones and the major ones
SECTION 11 - CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
As we exceptionally respect the privacy and safety of rights online when it comes to that of children, please acknowledge that we comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), which, in companion with its additional regulations, protects the privacy of children when in use of the internet. Therefore, it is against our own policy content to contact or collect information from persons under the age of 18. The website is not intended to seek information of any kind from persons under such age as well.
There might be a situation in which we could receive information pertaining to persons under the age of 18 by the fraud or deception of a third party. If we are correctly informed of such a case, as soon as we verify the information, we will, where required by law to do so:
- First, immediately obtain the appropriate parental consent to use that information
- If we are unable to obtain such parental consent, we will delete the information from our servers.
If you would like to notify us of our receipt of information about persons under the age of 18, please do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
SECTION 12 - COPYRIGHT, CREDIT AND LOGO